You can set up Prism V10 to use a local copy of the relaible Astrometry.net engine(Credit: Andy Galasso) for free, please follow these simple steps:
- Download the installer: http://adgsoftware.com/ansvr/ansvr-setup-0.20.exe
Run the installer
-Click Next or choose an alternate install location:
-Click Next or choose an alternate Start Menu folder name:
-Click Next or choose an alternate port number for ANSVR:
-Wait for files to extract. The progress bar will look like it is stuck in the middle for a long time. Be patient…
-Click Finish. You can leave both boxes checked.
Now you will download the astrometric index files that you need for your setup. Select the files you need and click Start. The files are very large (increasingly so for the narrower FOV indexes) and it can take a very long time to download them.
-Progress of the download is in a separate window. Close the window if you need to cancel the download. Next time you run the index file downloader, progress will resume where it left off.
Prism side installation: it is very simple to direct Prism to use the offline engine:
- Click on the Settings menu on the top bar
- Click on “Software Settings”
- Click on the “Astrometry.net” tab
- Set server type: ANSVR (Local Server)
- API key: please click on the link at the bottom of the tab or go to: http://nova.astrometry.net to register for your own free key.
6.Open one of your images in Prism, right click on it and choose “Perform image center plate solve with Astrometry.net”
- Your image will be plate solved using the local engine.
Please let me know if you have any trouble installing this great engine, your comments are always welcome.